Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Surgeries

So, just a few minutes ago, G and J said that they wanted to go for a run with me. I agreed that we could go on a mile run together since it was nice out. They got on their running shoes and we headed out for about ten minutes. Just as we left the cul-de-sac, J asked when my marathon is. I told him October 2nd. He then said, "That sounds like something else. That's the day that grandpa and grandma went on their mission except it was November 2nd."

Impressed that he would remember that, I agreed with him. Then he said, "Ya, they were supposed to go earlier but grandma had surgery."

G then piped in, serious as could be and said, "She had surgery, so she won't be able to have kids anymore."

It took EVERYTHING I had not to bust up laughing! He's heard about surgeries that "make it so you can't have kids". I then told him that she had surgery on her leg and that it didn't have anything to do with having anymore kids. He then admitted that he didn't understand surgeries and how it didn't make you have kids or not. He then wondered if only surgeries on women's tummies prevented you from having kids, and not men's tummies.

I MUST have the talk. I've got some explaining to do. Oh the innocense.(spell check isn't working) I love it.

No comments: