But after taking a closer look while sitting on the benches during basketball practice one afternoon, I noticed myself disappointed that these really nice playgrounds had a lot of chipped paint. After studying them for awhile, I got this sick feeling that it may not be chipped paint after all. I got off the bench and walked over to inspect the playground equipment. I was sickened after realizing that the kids were playing on equipment covered in grime. The grime that you could scrape off with a key. (Ya, my nose just wrinkled up too.) I knew right then that I may have just found A's eagle project.
After patiently waiting over a month, we finally got the approval to move forward.
Not a lot of details here, but man did I just want to scream "Hallelujah" when he was done!
Mission/Project Accomplished! 37 volunteers and 2 1/2 hours later, the playground is ready for the kids to climb on again.