Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

He knows I need this

Remember my post about making Burek for C on his eighteenth birthday?  It was a tender mercy that it worked out.  I was so grateful.  I've made it a couple times since and it hasn't worked out.  I've had to throw the whole thing out since the dough was bad.  It's all about the dough!  

Knowing that C will be leaving, I've wanted everything to be perfect, including his last meal with us.  I decided to make Burek for him.  I silently prayed that it would work out this last time.  I read and re-read the directions not to overlook a single detail.  Then it came time to check the dough....

It was beautiful.  It was perfect.  I called the kids in to come see.  I called my friend to run over to see since it was working out.  C asked me, "How come it's working this time?"  I then told him through very humble tears, "Because Heavenly Father knows I need this."  I looked over at him after saying that and he looked at me with a smile.  I knew that I was once again given the tender mercy that my heart needed.





My heart was so full as we sat down eating our Bosnian Burek for C's last dinner tonight.  It was perfect.

No comments: