Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Reunion time

Somewhere between the Utah Summer Games and visiting Kansas, the kids and I went to my annual family reunion.  Despite the cold weather and crazy wind, we had our normal get filthy, eat a ton of food, great activities, visiting, candy cannon, family reunion.  So what exactly did we do this year?



Chocolate mint marshmallow s'mores.



Egg toss game.




G got a knife that my dad whittled for him.
  

Tin foil dinners, that dissolved to nothingness-es.  Needless to say, the kids went to bed without dinner.  (These are just the patty ones.  The other ones had potatoes, corn and meat that were chunks of charcoal.)


Cabin building.




Chapped lips (We all got them) and tear lines on dirty faces.



Rocket competitions.  What is FIF?  I'll explain more on that later.  


Fun with cousins.




Booger picking with smoky hands. 


Going on walks and collecting flowers.



Down time.




I love how my family can get filthy dirty, live in tents, brave the elements for three days and still have fun.  It's awesome.  

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

All these pictures of aspens and green-ness makes me miss my own reunion. Good thing it starts this Thursday!

Fun fun fun pictures. That picture of "B" and her cousin (13th down), Please tell me that's Lori's daughter. She's the spitting image!

Anonymous said...

lol! love the booger picking photo. lol!

i have never had a family reunion. ever. Christmas and or thanksgiving are considered family reunions.

family reunions seem so fun to do.