Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I voted

Today is a somber day.  I woke up early and raced over to the high school so that I could cast my vote for the 2012 presidential election.  I wasn't sure how the day would play out, but I was excited and feeling somewhat patriotic as I stood in line to cast my ballot.  What a privilege to be able to vote.  I left the high school proudly wearing my "I voted" sticker.


As the day went on, I watched less and less television as the voting wasn't going the way that I wanted it to.  I was nervous and anxious and my boys were getting more upset by the minute as they parked themselves in front of the TV all day.  They have been so involved the last few months watching all of the debates, speeches, reading articles, etc.  I love how they have gotten involved and have been educating themselves on the different campaigns and presidential candidates, President Barrack Obama and Mitt Romney.

As the day continued on, we could see that President Obama was well on his way of being re-elected.  The boys were upset, negative and yelling; disappointed at the country and their "stupidity".  I walked around as a zombie with some fear in my heart at what might lie ahead for the country that I love.

There will be some changes.  The country may not be the same country that I love today.  It will continue to change.  But....but...I read this on the back of this book, "Seven Miracles that Saved America" recently,

"At critical times in our nation's history, God provided miracles to save us, and there are miracles yet to come.  Why?  Because America still represents something important to Him."

So, even if my vote didn't "count", it was a privilege and a right for which I am so grateful.  And, I know that if I have faith, teach my children and live as I know I should, it will be okay.

No comments: