Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mom thinks there is a dress in here


The girls are loving all the present wrapping this Christmas season.  They are making little gifts constantly, wrapping them and then placing them under the tree.  S brought one to me this week and told me that I could open it because it wasn't a present, it was a gift.  It was a ring she had made with her beading kit.  It had been wrapped and then taped completely with duct tape.  I couldn't even see the wrapping paper.  She must be related to me.  We get too excited to give and aren't that great at surprises.  Another day she brought this present in to show me.  It's the flattest thing you've ever seen!  With a sly little face, she asked me if I thought it was a dress inside. I giggled and said, "Maybe".  That evening with the same little sly smile, she pulled it out from underneath the tree and showed the boys proclaiming, "Mom thinks there is a dress in there!"

I look at my girls, specifically at S, my baby and can't believe how time has flown by.  They are getting big, they are fun, and I can see that we will be good friends some day.  I'm so grateful for them.  They make me so happy.

No comments: