Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter, eggs and flashlights oh my

Last night we had a few families over for a pot luck, swimming, and a flashlight Easter egg hunt.  The kids wanted a nacho bar, so I had all the makings for that along with grasshopper brownies and brownies with whole Symphony bars inside.  They're crazy good!  The kids swam even thought the pool is still freezing for adults.  The hunt was so much fun.  I had seen recently to hide glow in the dark bracelets in eggs, but I thought that was too easy and way too many bracelets to buy.  So, we hid the eggs in the dark while the kids were sidetrack in the hot tub and then the flashlights came out.  It was a lot of fun.  This is Deanna, one of my neighbor's sisters that comes into town from SLC that came over with her family.


This morning was crazy.  Basket hunt, egg hunt, choir rehearsal and church at nine.  Needless to say, the swimming last night counted as baths.  haha









Tonight we had Clay over for dinner along with his buddy Chuck.  Gail was in NYC with their daughter my age having her first baby.  I'm so excited for them.  I made a beef roast, "Mormon" potatoes, broccoli salad, Hawaiian rolls and peach cobbler with ice cream.

Today was the perfect Easter.  After having just completed my Book of Mormon yesterday I was on a spiritual high ready to hear all about my Savior's resurrection and the Atonement.  The songs in church were beautiful.  I loved teaching a song in primary.  I loved watching my children have their simple basket and egg hunt.  I loved having company over.  And I loved knowing that my three boys would be finishing the Book of Mormon today.

Happy Easter.

No comments: