Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Praying that they feel my prayers

Yesterday morning, one of A's best friends that will be going on an LDS mission this month, got in an automobile accident.  He was on his way to seminary when he ran into a motorcyclist killing the biker.  His friend is fine and wasn't injured.

My heart breaks for his friend and what he'll deal with his entire life.  The guilt, the questions, the what ifs?  And then I remember the motorcyclist and his loved ones that he left behind.  The tears continued to run down my face this morning as I was saying my prayer.  My heart was being pulled to each side of the accident praying for his friend and his parents, and then I would be praying for those left behind from the motorcyclist.  It's such a helpless feeling not being able to help with anything.  All I can do is pray.  So I am.  Praying that they can feel some sense of peace. Praying that John will feel the Savior's love and atonement in his life.  Grateful that General Conference is this weekend and praying that John will find hope in the words he hears from our leaders.  Praying that they feel my prayers.

No comments: