Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

My first hard boiled egg

I boiled some eggs today.  Not a big deal to every other person in the entire world.  But I have only done it possibly two other times in my life.  Thing is, I boiled them so that I could try it.  I had never had a boiled egg in my life.  I mean, why would I?  The texture of eggs is disgusting, they're baby chickens, and the smell.  Everyone hates the smell of sulfur but they're willing to eat something with the same smell and taste?  I don't get it.  At all!  Anyway....I peeled my egg, quartered it, salted it, put some French's Spicy Brown Mustard on it, and tried my first hard boiled egg at the age of 42.  It wasn't delicious at all, but I didn't throw up.  I was so proud of myself.  I had eaten an egg.  Without my mom making me.  Or disguised in tons of cheese and ketchup.  I have finally grown up.  Now to see if I will eat another one.  We will see.




No comments: