Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Breakfast in bed by the boys

So, it's my birthday and as I wake up I can hear noise down stairs. I'm assuming that the boys are working on breakfast. So, I patiently stay in bed and pretend that I'm still asleep until my cute little birthday breakfast arrives. I giggle and thank them for my breakfast. The menu included...Orange juice
Two english muffins with butter and black cherry jam
Two hashbrowns
Fresh orange and apple complete with stickers
English Toffee with almonds on graham crackers from the Bryan's for Christmas.

I just stared at all the calories on the tray. (I'm a little self consious since the wii fit showed a picture of me yesterday as chubby) Well, with several kids watching, I began eating my birthday breakfast happy to share. It soon became the community breakfast as several of us began picking off the plate and sharing bites of apples.

My boys may not do things fancy or foofy. But at least they remembered me. It's going to be a good day.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Happy birthday Girlfriend! I wish I could have been there to eat breakfast with you. ok... lets just do lunch in Seattle when you get here! XO

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

We do BIB too and I LOVE it! Although my oldest opted for a giant family breakfast this morning rather than one in bed.

I hear you with the Wii Fit! That little icon of me is not flattering! :)

Lorilee said...

I can't remember the last time I was fed breakfast in bed. What a wonderful tradition. Do you do that for your children as well. What a fun time...community breakfast in bed. I love it!

Erika said...

Happy Birthday! I love those breakfasts in bed...they're the best kind.

Luvers said...

That sound so cute!! I'm impressed at how thoughtfull they are! Hope your day was wonderful.