Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas smiles

This is a picture of me with my grandma (on the left) and my orchestra teacher (on the right). My grandma and Ms. T are some of the most influential people in my life. They both taught me the violin, supported me, encouraged me, and helped me become the woman that I am today. I got to play in the Messiah orchestra this year back home. It was a dream come true. I've missed playing in it for years. Due to my grandma's arthritis, she isn't able to play anymore. But it was neat having her sit in the audience to watch me play again. I was teary on the stage to think that Ms. T was playing in the orchestra for the 64th time out of 68 years. They dedicated the concert to her. It was amazing. I loved the music, I loved wearing my concert black, and I LOVED how everyone stood as they heard the "Hallelujah Chorus". I was on such a high that night. I was grateful to be a part of such a rich tradition.

These are pictures of S and her first Christmas. She loves her teddy and her phone.

"First Christmas" babies are always put in the mountain of wrapping paper for a picture.

S is soooo her daddy's daughter. They are little twinners!
This is B with her Christmas. It was fun getting girly stuff this year. I might like her stuff more than her.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am on a roll. This is the first time I have ever written on a BLOG. Yahoo for me. What a treasure to have that photo and memory. Sounds FUN!! YOu are amazing, and I hope you tell yourself that every day when you look in the mirror.

Lorilee said...

That is such a great picture of you and Grandma and Mrs Thorley. What a treasured moment indeed. I wish I could of been there with you.

Janet said...

I got a little teary looking at the picture of you with "Mrs. Payne" and "Mrs. Thorley." They mean a lot to me too--I hope they know that. I'm soo jealous of your violin talent and the chance to play in the Messiah orchestra. (I'm happy for you too.)