Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finding my way back

I AM HAPPY!

I'm happy because I have hope.

Finally.

I met with my therapist yesterday. I left happy and even more encouraged than last time. I got an assignment to come up with ten faithful thought cards. I thought I'd share them since there seem to be so many of us that go through challenges in our lives. Actually, we all do. Maybe they'll help someone else.

Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers. -- Doctrine & Covenants 112:10

Last night I was talking to my sister and explaining how my thoughts are what lead to feelings and then to actions. How my fear related thoughts are ALL consuming. I explained to her what my life has been like the last two and a half years. Actually, my thoughts (hypochondriac), turned feelings(convinced I'm going to die), turned actions(anxiety, racing heart, seriously thinking I'm going to die), life I've lived. She was shocked and I realized as I spoke outloud that I really am doing the right thing getting help. 'Cause I am a m e n t al case!

Anyway... I love my homework assignment. I've loved researching what's going to help me. I'm grateful that I have a loving Father in Heaven who wants me to be happy and successful. I'm finding my way back. And it feels great!

4 comments:

Em said...

I'm really glad you're finding your way back. The Lord is always there for us, it's really amazing! He knows our every need and when we need him.

Cheri said...

keep up the good work. You will have good days and bad days. Remember to take time for yourself and enjoy the little joys that happen everyday. I'm thinking of you.

Lorilee said...

Thanks for letting me on your well kept seceret. I love you more for it. I know you will conquer this trial, and I know the Lord will walk every step with you, if you allow him the opportunity. You go Ton....go find that light.

aunt jan said...

Love you to bits!