Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just stuff

So, the Peruvian wedding dinner and reception were too much fun!

We ate Peruvian tomales, rolls, steamed rice, beans and beef roast. Imagine that? We danced and danced and danced. I giggled a LOT! It was so fun to see D be himself again. He's a dancing freak. I mean it. It's not just his arms and legs that move, it's his eyebrows, and fingers, and mouth. I can't help but smile, laugh and giggle when I see him. I wish I could let my hair down like he does, but I'm too reserved. That is until one of the cute latino ladies comes over and pulls me into dance with the other women. I'm sure I looked like a total dork as I was trying to move my hips, go lower and lower and something with my feet, but it was a blast! We left just before 11:00 P.M. and they hadn't had the cake and finished dancing yet. They (latinos) are a blast! They know how to have fun. I'm going to have them over to teach my friends and I how to have MORE fun.

As I laid B down in bed last night, she asked for "her story". I melted and told her "her story" again just like the last few nights.

-----

It's no secret that our family loves to watch Survivor. We've watched it for years. Our family heads for the couches every Thursday night and we watch it together. Well, there's a lot of strategy in the game. Everyone has their own opinions as to how to play the game. Honest, being yourself, being a snake, keeping quiet, being a leader, build alliances, or do whatever it takes to win. Well, G is running for treasurer at his school. After hearing a couple of things that he had said to people while running, I had to pull him aside and remind him that we're in real life and not the game of Survivor. For those of you that watch Survivor you can only imagine what it's like. It's kind of funny though. A ten year old with some serious strategy. Although he'd be a great contender on Survivor in about eleven years, I had to explain to him that we choose to live a life of integrity.

-----

I was talking to a dear friend this past week about our daughters and the messes they tend to make on an hourly sometimes minute to minute basis. It's constant around here. Today I put away S's crib. It was playtime for a long time, and then I had to put the girls in bed several times only to put up the gate and play guard for quite some time. This is what naptime looked like. I'm sure it will for quite awhile.

5 comments:

aunt jan said...

Your musings....too fun. The girls look like they all of a sudden just ran out of gas.

Lorilee said...

I love the pic with the girls. What a crack up. I agree with you...I am sure you have many more of those days. They'll learn. It's just a matter of time.

Cheri said...

Glad you had fun at the party!! I've been to some Latin parties and they are fabulous!! The picture of the girls is soooo cute.

Em said...

:) Survivor is pretty cool...

Megan said...

My Cindy almost always falls asleep on the floor . . . right in front of the closed door. She knows she has to stay in her room when it's bedtime/naptime. I usually have to scoot her with the door just enough so I can get in to pick her up and put her on her bed. I loved your picture and am very impressed they were both asleep.