Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Labor Day cake contest

I don't know if many people know this, but one of my hidden talents is cake making/decorating. I love it. I love the creativity that goes along with it. I love the smiles and reactions I get after assembling a cake. LOL! That's a bunch of crock!


My cousin and her new hubby are having a Labor Day cake contest on their blog. I encourage all to enter. It will be fun.


My cake is pretty much signed, sealed and delivered as the contest winner. I mean, just look at some of these gems I've made in the past. (I just went to scan some old pictures but they all have names on them and I don't want to disclose those to the world.) My cakes sadly include pretzels, chocolate chips, fruit by the foot, and sprinkles on them for decorations. I even put together five yellow zingers together one year and called it a cake. A couple of years ago I made two purse cakes for enrichment and swore I would NEVER do a cake for the rest of my living life!! Was I clear on that? They literally ruined my day. I was in tears sobbing and pretty much wailing.


My cake is already made and eaten, but I must keep it a surprize for the contest. You'll surely know mine when you see it.


Happy cake decorating!

1 comment:

Erin said...

hey thanks for the shout out. everyone bake a cake! the more the merrier!