Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hey, these are FUN jobs!

Today I came up with lots of jobs for the kids to do. Rather than assigning out "Saturday jobs", I wrote down several jobs and cut them out individually. Each child took their turn at taking one job until all the jobs were taken.

But, I surprized the kids today. Not only were there jobs in there like vacuum the stairs, clean the sliding glass doors, scrub spots on carpet, etc. There were also some funny jobs that I thought I'd throw in there to have fun.

As soon as J saw the fun jobs he said, "Hey, these are FUN jobs!" with a huge smile on his face. All of a sudden, the kids were anxiously awaiting the other jobs to be laid on the table.

So what were they?

1. Chew gum like dad does.
2. Throw mom into the pool.
3. Run to the stop sign and back wearing an afro.
4. Do the crabwalk around the lawn.
5. Push the girls on the swing for awhile.
6. Sing "Once There Was a Snowman" like a cowboy.
7. Call grandma and tell her "You're a lovely lady".

You get the idea. It was so much fun. I think I'll make a funny job jar and write things down when I think of something. That way, I can surprize the kids again with other funny jobs to throw into the normal job thing.

5 comments:

Em said...

Oh my heck!! We used to do that too, kind of. What a fun way to mix things up!! :)

Amy said...

Fun idea!

NelsonFamily said...

You are so creative. I am amazed at you and your abilities. I think I might try that next saturday.

Janet said...

The creative juices are flowing freely! Thanks for the idea!

Erika said...

Love the idea! And the new header!