Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visit to the Kansas flatlands

The girls and I hopped on a plane and headed for Kansas the other day. The circle fields from the sky were amazing. We had a great time visiting one of my sisters and her family.

I like to think that I was a fun aunt. I hope so. I got smacked around with foam swords, got in a huge water fight in the front yard, which I'm happy to say, I SMOKED them, and gave each of the boys five bucks when they did little jobs.
It was so cute being greeted by her and her five boys at the airport. It made me reflect on all those years of just my boys. I loved it.

I loved the cardinals and the snowball bushes.
I loved the yummy food she made. The fruit smoothies her hubby made, and the ginormous serving of ice cream he fed us one night.
I even liked our trip to the doctor one morning. It's predictable. We always have a trip to the doctor. Sure enough, S had nursemaids elbow. Something that I'm all too familiar with so I was able to quickly diagnose it. Where in the world do you call in, in another state, and they get you in in just over an hour? And then, then, after seeing the doctor, get x-rays, and then pull into your garage one hour after your appointment started? Kansas I tell you. Kansas.
I loved spending time with just my girls. They were little mothers to the baby and they copied everything I did on the airplane.

I loved spending time with my sister.
I remember not wanting to get on the plane and leave my sister there far from family. I dreaded that time that I would have to hug her goodbye. But after being there for just four short days, I learned that my cute sister and her young family are okay there. They are happy. They have good friends. They are being blessed.
I remembered my years living far from home. I too was okay. I loved those years and the places that I once called home.
Thank goodness for the gospel.
Thanks J. I love you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are gorgeous. Has anyone told you that lately? I'm gonna have to admit I'm jealous of your style. Please come visit me in Kodiak. We'd have a lot of fun. Scratch that. It's totally not true. I'm gonna come visit you in Vegas. We'd have WAY more fun.

Kjersti said...

I love all the little trips you take. That is so fun! I'm going to have to agree with Amy, although I don't know her, that you are gorgeous. I think it's amazing you have seven kids! I want to be like you someday.