Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Partied like a rock star

So, G got the most outragous birthday party invitation ever! Not the invitation itself, but the location. He, and we, were invited to go to Vegas to the Palms Hotel and party in the Kingpin Suite.

It's a Suite that has more than 4,000 square feet, a pool table, two rooms, three bathrooms, hot tub, bar, movie screen, several televisions and a bowling alley. Yes, it has two bowling lanes in the room.

The kids were crazy last night. They were running up and down the lanes, dodging the balls, playing, screaming, dancing, swimming, eating, etc. In fact, they all slept on the lanes themselves just for fun. I'm wondering how in the world these parents can top this 10 year old birthday party. I mean really. What in the world will they do for Sweet 16 parties and graduation parties?
I let the boys stay in the suite over night. G and J told me that they were the only ones who didn't watch a certain movie because it was PG-13 as they were going to sleep last night. G told me that he thought of the commandment, "Honor thy father and thy mother". Oh, that made my day. I told him that that's how kids earn the trust of their parents when they make good choices.
I don't know why the heck they look like this, because they didn't look like that the entire night!

That place was crazy! Who even thinks up places like that? Want to know what a night costs? I had to look it up. Brace yourself!!! Sunday to Thursday $7500 a night. Friday and Saturday $15,000 a night. Can you even imagine? I told the boys to soak it all up because they'd NEVER be back.

The boys will have quite the journal entry tomorrow. But as for right now, they're collapsed somewhere because they partied like a rock star.

2 comments:

Erin said...

so THOSE are the types of crazy kids who end up on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" .....

LeAnne said...

I'm with Erin. Parent's who do that for their kids are just setting them up for never being satisfied with what they have.