Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wanna bet?

So, my hubby likes sports. Uh, that's about the UNDER statement of the year!! He has a passion for sports, an obsession with sports, an addiction with sports. He's very loyal to his teams, and when his teams can't do it, he cheers for the underdog or the one that hasn't won the title in a long time or ever. He's cool that way.

Well, let's just say he's NOT a Lakers fan. Oh, he respects Kobe, but Lakers are our rival team. So, he made a bet with one of the girls at his office that IS a Lakers fan. The loser had to wear the other team's jersey to work the day after the NBA finals. D was SURE that he would win, because there is NO way that he would wear that thing otherwise. Well, after game seven he knew that he'd be wearing the Lakers yellow and purple at work the next day. Upon arriving to work, he found his office door covered in yellow and purple balloons with a Lakers banner on it, a shirt ready for him to wear and a #1 hand to sport around for the day. Needless to say, he was a VERY good sport. (Sorry honey, you made the bet, not me. hehe)
For the last couple of years, D hands out the brackets for March Madness. Who ever wins, gets to go out to dinner. Well, I have bigger things up my sleeve than a dinner out. So, I tell him that I'd like a patio. check.

or a basketball court. check.

or landscaping. Check.

Thing is...I'm pretty good at those brackets. Can't wait until next March Madness. I'm going to start looking around and plotting. Plotting for something I'd normally get, but liking the sound of winning the bet.

Oh honey, wanna bet? he he

He's so good to me. I love that man.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Nice! We're going to have to start something like that around here! Maybe I can get my porch swing hung up!!

Cheri said...

that's so great... I love the patio!!

Erika said...

The patio looks great, way to go on the brackets!