Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Counting by twenties

I've decided that I quite like my age. This phase of my life as I know it. At times I realize that I am definitely aging. I've had knee, foot and toe problems for most of the year. My hair sprouts gray hairs and I've gotten my first age spot that I airbrush out of every picture. But... with age comes great things too.

I recently went to my 20 year HS reunion. It was a blast! It was like I had just seen my friends in class yesterday. I was SO nervous going, but once I was there, I was my normal giggling, teasing, sarcastic self. Too much fun!! I was on such a huge high that night I could hardly get to sleep. And to think I almost talked myself out of going.



The last couple of weekends I've gone to two of my girlfriends' 40th birthday parties.
What fun to think we celebrate becoming 40! Oh I'm going to celebrate in style all right. Remember my cuarenta -era? It's going to be like a ball with gorgeous gowns, jewelry, fun music, yummy food and drinks, handsome and great smelling dates and ME! When else do we ever get to dress up again once we're married? Well, it will have been 20 years so I'm going to.

Just next year I'll be 40 having my 20 year wedding anniversary. Crazy. I've got a couple fun tricks up my sleeve for that or for D rather. Plus, I'll have a missionary by then. Okay, crazy times two!

So, anyway, I love thinking about all these fun things that we get to celebrate at my stage in life. I don't have anything to prove anymore. Not that I ever did, but you sure get caught up thinking that you do. I love how I can speak up. For heavens sake, I just joined my HOA board. That's not the quiet me that I know. But it is the woman that I've become.

So here's to counting by twenties. Enjoying where I'm at right now, and looking forward to so much more.

3 comments:

NelsonFamily said...

Oh I so agree. I love getting older too Tonia. Although I think I've always spoken my mind now I do it without worrying what people think. Can you give some suggestions on great smelling perfumes. I haven't worn them for years but think I might like to try. I'm so confused when I go to the store and smell them all. Love ya-hope I can come to your 40th!!

Erika said...

You look great!! And the reunion sounds fun. I feel more comfortable in my own skin the more time goes by as well...

aunt jan said...

Fifty is great too. And I'm looking forward to making 60 enviable! Now, that will be a trick!!!