Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Heaven sent

Two days ago I had myself in a frenzy! Seriously.

For the past week the girls have gotten into everything. They've destroyed, ruined, broken, messed up, deleted two years of pictures, all of 2010s home videos and the list goes on and on. I wasn't in a good place to begin with so that just about pushed me over the edge.
I don't want to bore you with my emotional state right now so go on to the next blog. I realize this post is more for me than anyone else. After having a really hard day on Wednesday and having read too many self help books, I was more overwhelmed than ever. I'm supposed to be replacing negative thoughts with positive ones but after reading all the things about my personality I was convinced I was a wreck and always would be. While sitting there in despair I received a text from an unlikely girlfriend just "checking" on me that day. Another unlikely friend called me later that day to see how I was "doing". It was amazing to see how the Spirit had prompted them to get in touch with me that day.
After dropping off the girls at a play date that same day, I had the impression to visit a friend and see how she was doing. I wanted to deny it knowing that she was surely okay. But I didn't want to regret not following the promptings I was having. So I headed over to her house. Just as I was approaching her house, the thought came to me that perhaps I was going there for me. That scared me because she's not one of my friends that I've ever hung out with or just dropped in on. But I knocked on her door.
She answered the door, greeted me with her cute smile and invited me in. I told her that I felt like I needed to come see her and then broke down crying. She was very sweet as I know she is. She then told me something and reassured me that that is why I felt as though I should visit her. I began crying even harder knowing that my Heavenly Father had led me to her that day.
Blah, blah, blah. I told you this was more for me.
And just when I thought I couldn't stand that day anymore...S came down the stairs and B struck a pose which left me knowing that all the girls in my life that day, were heaven sent.
Thank you Shelley, Jill, Sandra and my two girlies. I love you.

No comments: