Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Winter Birthday Party BBQ

The five youngest kids and I headed out of town for a "Winter Birthdays BBQ" hosted by my father-in-law.  I grabbed an outfit for each kid, the Chess Cake I had made, a couple travel snacks and my buck.  You never know when you need a life size deer.  :)
We made our way to Taco Time to grab some dinner along with four bottles of sauce that they sold me.  Then we headed over to my sister's house to stay the night.  As we drove up she raced out to tell us that her daughter had just thrown up.  We tip toed around the house wondering if germs were crawling and even offered to leave and stay with my in laws.  But, we stayed and ended up going to bed at 8:00.  Just before I went to sleep I told my sister that I was going to run to the temple early in the morning before the kids woke up.  That's when she clued me in that the temple was closed for two weeks.  I thought for sure that I would stare at the ceiling not ready to go to sleep.  But, I guess I was exhausted and I fell asleep with the little blankets draped across me.

We all woke up early the next morning and went to watch a couple of my nephews play basketball games.  It was fun seeing them run around.  Made me kind of miss basketball.

Afterwards, the kids and I went to pick up C's friend Ashley and went to the BBQ.  It was fun seeing lots of family that I haven't seen in years.  We enjoyed the beautiful day and time together.  The girls were brave and wanted to be cowgirls on Grandpa K's horses.  They had a great time.






G and J enjoyed playing basketball the entire time until G decided he was bored.  So, he dug out the buck and played with him in the backyard.


I left the BBQ so grateful for a wonderful family and my decision to go.  It was a good change of scenery.  We darted out and headed home so that I could still get in my temple visit for the week only to have S throw up in the car.  So, I didn't exactly go to the temple this week, but I did drop by and get my names in.  Made me happy. 

We'll be lying around the house this long President's Day weekend.  Who am I kidding?  I'm going to finish painting my house.  Yip, I started a monstrous job but I'm going to finish and it's awesome!  New clean walls, everywhere cleaned, scrubbed and dusted, new baseboards, light fixtures sanded down so that they're white and not yellow globes.  Can't picture that one?  I may have to hurry and do some before and afters before I'm all done.  Then it's framing out the windows, re-doing my cabinets throughout the house, and shaking things up in my bedroom.  What will you be doing this President's Day?

No comments: