1. The three little boys bring me breakfast in bed which includes biscuits and gravy, sausage, fresh pineapple and orange juice.
2. The kids hand me all of their gifts which include favorite treats, an iPod dock, coupon books, a chives planter and a world globe. D's thinking that he'll take up decorating and put the globe on the top shelf of my bookcase. Nope. :)
3. Phone call from California. It was my missionary telling me when he would call me tonight.
4. Talking to my mother-in-law. I love her. She is an amazing woman. I've learned so many things from her and hope that I can continue to do so.
5. The primary children sang two songs in Sacrament Meeting today. They sang Mother, I Love You, and Grandmother. As I was leading them in front of the ward, I had the hugest smile on my face and sure I was beaming from loving my calling.
6. The talks in church weren't about perfect mothers. Rather, they spoke of how we as women feel like we have to give into perfection from every angle, and that we DON'T have to. It was awesome. I sat there floored at how I had just had these feelings the last week.
7. I've been receiving texts all day from people wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.
8. The men did all of the callings today so that the women could enjoy the last two hours without any responsibilities. D led the singing in primary for me.
9. As I was sitting in class, I could hear the primary children sing next door. My mind wandered as I smiled listening and almost wishing I were back there doing what I love. Wishing that I could peek in on D and tell him how much I love him. Listening to the words, "Whenever I hear the song of a bird", and thinking of a friend. Hearing the words, "Whenever I feel the rain on my face" and thinking of my own tender mercy earlier this week. Then hearing another song where the children were singing the words, "Thank you" in several different languages. I too was thankful for my calling, for my husband, for my talents, for the week that I've had, for the joy that I was feeling.
10. Taking our Mother's Day pictures with each of my children.
11. Talk to both of my grandmas. I'm so lucky and blessed to have them.
12. Phone call from California 45 minutes EARLY! We spoke to C (Elder Loveland) for almost two and a half hours. He sounds so good. He is loving San Diego. He loves the people. He's being good with his money. He's learning and growing. It was SO great!!!
13. I got a picture with my cul-de-sac mom, Gail.
Going to bed smiling. Happy Mother's Day.