Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dinner with M Hartmann

Tonight we had M Hartmann and his mother, sister, her husband and their baby over for dinner.  It was awesome.  I had a huge grin on my face the entire evening.  We all really love M and his family. We got along great, (His sister and I compared stories afterwards through Facebook that he and then my boys thought we as girls got along great!)  It was like having a piece of my son home from his mission.  But even better than that, I love him because my son loves him.  He was so good to C those five months they were together.  My heart is so full.


M brought back small gifts that C had gotten all of us along with an SD card full of pictures.  We hooked the camera to the television and looked at all the pictures together while he explained them all to us.  It was great.

There was a letter along with each little gift that C had sent.  I cried as I read it.  I haven't received a hand written letter since he was in San Diego.  It was a real treat.  C explained why he got each person their little trinket.  They were perfect.

Tonight was perfect.  My heart is full.  I'm so grateful for M and I love him as if he were my own son.  Can't wait to see him again and to keep in touch.

No comments: