Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas bowls

I don't know why I haven't thought of it before.  I mean seriously, how many years has it taken me?  Each year as the Christmas season approaches I find myself trying to find the perfect gift for each family member.  I'm successful most years with the kids excited and thrilled when they see what is next to their stocking.  I've surprised the family a lot of years with "family" gifts.  Well, just a few moments ago, at approximately 11:22 P.M. as I collapsed back into bed, it finally came to me, almost as if someone hit me aside the head with a two by four.

Christmas bowls.

Yes.  Certainly everyone would enjoy having their own bowl.  Oh, bowls are very versatile you see.  They are great for holding snacks while watching a new movie on Christmas day.  They can be turned upside down and used as a drum to beat ones own processional until finally,...when one is lining up on the stairs to come down Christmas morning, or as one is ready to head out of town for family parties, or perhaps the first ride up the ski lift, the first day in the MTC that you've been dreaming about your entire life, or my personal favorite, while we're all asleep comfortable in our warm yummy beds, the plague strikes!

Puke bowls.  That's what I'm talking about.  Bowls to catch the puke/barf/throw up.  I don't care what you call it.  It's awful and with a family the size of mine, it lingers forever!  It continues to strike.  It's vicious as it recirculates from family member to family member.

So there you have it.  Top of each Christmas list for 2013.  A bowl.  Can't wait for next year when the kids open their perfect gifts.  Or rather, I really think I'm going to run with the whole Christmas card idea of a family picture of each of us holding a bowl wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.  It sounds perfect.  And since the Christmas cards are getting fancier and fancier every year with them now being two sided, we'll be on the other side as well still holding our bowls as we wish everyone a Happy New Year.  Because it lasts waaaaaaaaaaaay longer than Christmas!


No comments: