Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Lemonade stand

I took B and S to Michael's the other day and told them that they could each pick out one craft each.  We were headed up to the cash register when B spotted a lemonade stand for around $5.  She quickly dropped what she had in her hand and grabbed the lemonade stand saying, "I'm getting this because I'll get more money!"  She brought it home and it turned into a craft project by the three little kids.  They were thrilled and couldn't wait to sell lemonade.

Not sure I really wanted to do this, or how, or where, I put it off until I couldn't any more.  B loaded up her stand, and took it out front.  The front porch in the shade was perfect other than the fact that no one would ever see them in our cul-de-sac.  So, I put it on facebook and sent out texts to friends and before we knew it, we had car after car drop by.  B was thrilled and I was shocked at how many of my friends would drop what they were doing and come buy from my little girls.  We ended up making three pitchers of lemonade and pulling in a huge $37 after about an hour.


We loaded up the stand, the cups and the lemonade and went inside only to find the boys hovering over the couch looking out the window.  They were a little jealous at what their little sister had done.  They all wanted a share since they had had to make extra lemonade with the huge demand, and little g wanted a cut since he helped color the stand, and don't forget S since she helped work in the booth.  B paid everyone off with a $1 each and was ready to run to Target.

G and J?  They wanted to know if they could have a lemonade stand tomorrow.  I pulled a weird face and told them, "no".  They wondered why.  I explained to them that no one would come buy lemonade from 12 and 14 year old boys and that I was NOT going to send out a text the next day to my friends.  They wanted a turn to make money, so I told them that they could have camps.  They wondered what that was and so I told them about my sister and her kids and the camps they do each summer.  The boys were sold and ready to make a killing.  Here is what we came up with.

We decided that they would have five camps for boys before school would start on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  The camps would be $5 a boy for two hours.  If they got ten boys to a camp they could each make $25.  We came up with our themes, sent out emails, and texts and hoped for the best.  Let's see how this goes.

Here are their upcoming camps:

"All Things Boys"
"Survivor"
"Gone Country"
"Loveland9 Olympic Games 2013"
"Back to the Jurassic"

No comments: