Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Making my dad's hat

I'll be heading to my parents tomorrow morning with the kids in honor of Veteran's Day.  My dad is a Veteran and one of my biggest heroes.  I wanted to get him a hat that he could wear but I couldn't find one at the last minute.  So, I decided to customize a hat that I had found.  Here's how it works:


1. Get a piece of freezer paper and hold it up to the computer screen and trace whatever picture or words you want on your fabric.  Then cut it out with scissors or a razor blade thingy.  haha


2.  Then you're going to iron your template onto the fabric with the shiny side down.


 3.  Use fabric paint and paint in your stencil.  I remove the stencil almost immediately after I'm done painting so that it comes up really clean.


4.  There you go.  Your very own one of a kind hat, shirt, whatever.  It's awesome!!

No comments: