Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

March Madness Book of Mormon style

I decided to open my invitation for March Madness this year to as many people as I could get a hold of through social media.  I posted on Instagram, and Facebook and sent out a text on my phone to all those that might be interested in reading the Book of Mormon with me this month.


I was thrilled to see that I had over forty people join me this year.  Each week I sent out the reading assignments along with an uplifting thought and words of encouragement.








G and little g joined me this year all on their own without me even asking them.  little g was cute knowing what a difficult task it was to read over five hundred pages in 31 days, so he read the Pearl of Great Price and was excited to tell me that he had done March Madness with me.  Made me so happy.

As I was finishing up my reading today I realized that I was in Moroni 10 which is the last chapter of the Book of Mormon.  I began sobbing not wanting my beloved book to be over.  My reading slowed down so that I wouldn't finish and when I did, I read the entire chapter over again.  I knew the book was true.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  My only reason to kneel afterwards?  To offer my gratitude for the book.  I had already received my answer.

I love that I can read from it's pages every day, but I really love reading it in it's entirety in March.


I couldn't have said it better myself.  :)

No comments: