Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Coon hats, pedis and stitches

A couple days ago I got so bored I was on the verge of crying.  Actually I did.  I called D at work and asked if I could leave town for a little bit.  The girls and I were gone in fifteen minutes.  I wasn't sure where we were going, where we were going to stay, I just needed to go.  It's hard to explain.  We ended up doing a little shopping and then found ourselves at one of my sister's house.  They had fun playing with their cousins. We went to an antique mall where the girls found coon hats and insisted on a picture.  
Then I surprised them and we went and got pedicures together.  It was so fun watching the girls get their first real pedicure.  They thought it was great.  I'm glad they did because it was the worst pedicure I've ever gotten.

While we were there visiting, we had fun watching another sister play some volleyball and were about to watch my her husband run a 5k.  I was finishing up cleaning the room we were using when I came up hard underneath a corner of a dresser and bonked my eyebrow.  Owe!!  It hurt.  I quickly grabbed it and put pressure on it because it hurt so badly.  I fell to my knees and threw myself over the bed still holding my eyebrow.  We were in a hurry to get to the race so I told myself that I could still be hurting and get the girls ready.  I came up from the bed and saw that my hands were all bloody.  I put pressure on my head and ran upstairs asking my sister for a washcloth and that I might need stitches.  After some coaching on what kind of bed side manner my personality needs, her husband looked at my eye and calmly said that I a stitch or two might be a good idea.  Once I knew I wasn't bleeding a lot, I went to look in the mirror.  Oh ya, we need stitches.
He took me to the E.R. while my sister took all the kids to the race.  I was in and out of the E.R. with seven stitches in an hour.
I woke up this morning looking like this.  At least it's a pretty color.  Too bad some people just thought I had forgotten eye shadow on my other eye.  haha

No comments: