G came home from school today and told me that he had sung "The Star Spangled Banner" in front of his class today and had gotten a perfect score.
No, he wasn't singing for a singing competition. He was participating in the Great American Challenge that they have at their school. It's awesome.
To earn the prestigious award they have to....
1. Recite the Gettysburg Address from memory.
2. Say or sing "The Star Spangled Banner".
3. Write the entire Pledge of Allegiance with perfect punctuation.
4. Name all 44 presidents including full names in the correct order.
5. Label all states and their capitals with correct spellings.
6. Recite the Constitution Preamble.
I'm always amazed at the boys and how they're learning, memorizing and singing the national anthem in front of their classes. What a neat thing for them to learn such neat stuff at a young age. Heck, to learn it at all.
I love my cute little passionate singer G. Oh, if I could only have been a fly on the wall and watched him sing. That surely would have brought a smile to my face!
As for my going without the dryer...it's good. But.....I do miss my bounce dryer sheet smell on my clothes, and, the towels are a little rough. C wondered when we were going to get the dryer fixed today. I quickly replied, "In a month". He kind of went along with it. Too funny. Little does he know that I'm doing this for them. We'll see what he says a few more days into it.
Being in Charge at Two Years Old
7 months ago