Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cake mix cookies

Have you ever made homemade oreos? They're nothing new. I remember having my first one about fourteen years ago. Pile on the cream cheese icing baby! I make them with mint icing too. Bring on the mint!

A year or so later I was introduced to the Rolo cookie. It's a chocolate cookie rolled in sugar with a melted Rolo candy inside. They are addictive. They are seriously so yummy.

I'm taking dinner to someone tonight. I thought about making homemade oreos but after baking the cookies, I realized that I would only make about a dozen. That wasn't enough for their family and mine. So, I changed it up a bit and came up with these picture worthy cookies if I do say so myself.


















The great thing about these cookies is that they are the easiest thing in the world.  I make all three kinds of cookies with a devil's food cake mix.

1 box devils food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c canola oil

That's it! Roll the dough into balls and bake them at 350'. I don't know how long.  I never time anything.

For the Rolo cookies, roll the balls around a Rolo candy and then roll them in sugar.  Bake them and count how many you eat. 

So, what can we learn from this?  Always have plenty of devil's food cake mixes in your food storage.  I do.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Yep, yep. Love all those. I remember the first time I had your Rolo cookies. I always get rave reviews whenever I bring them around. And I too love the oreos with mint frosting. I even won a prize at a cookie exchange last December! Sweet.