Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

A bit of earth

The other day my anxiety kicked in for some reason and I was so close to checking myself into the E.R. but I decided not to run from it.  I needed to find something to do to be busy rather than just sitting around thinking about it and the sheer fact that I thought I was dying.  So, I grabbed some clippers and a garbage bag and went out to the back yard.  I worked and worked until I had seven bags of dead trimmings.  As I was working around the pool area the words from, The Secret Garden came to me.

"Might I," quavered Mary, "might I have a bit of earth?"

That's not exactly how I rememberd it.  I had to look it up.  I did remember her saying "bit of earth" thinking that everyone needed some.  As I was finishing up the clippings, I was so grateful for my very own bit of earth and how it helped me that day. 

While looking up this quote, I recognized many favorite scenes from two amazing books, now movies.  The Secret Garden and A Little Princess.  Oh, how I do need a girls night out with my nieces.  A tea party perhaps followed by feel good movies.  I'll get on that.  :)


Going up in my girls' room today?  These. 


No comments: