Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

They like to look for rainbows

As we were driving home on Friday from Carson City, hard rains came out of NOwhere. Rain is a novelty to my kiddos so they had their arms outside the suburban windows as the rain pelted them in the arms.  (Actually, we all had to try it.  We giggled and laughed at how hard the rain was hitting us.)  They were in heaven. Next thing I know, the girls were looking everywhere for the rainbow. Then from the back seat, I hear them singing, "I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain". I smiled and smiled knowing I had just taught them that song in primary last month. Knowing that there wouldn't be a rainbow or at least one for us to see, I explained to the girls that sometimes the rainbow shows up later.  Just now, two days later, while sitting on my couch out back, I noticed a faint rainbow out of NOwhere and ran to get my girlies. They quickly requested a picture of "their" rainbow. "Hurry mom, get a picture! Let's get a picture of our rainbow." Me?  I was grateful to capture my girls with their tender mercy. 


I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away.
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

No comments: