I used B's blessing/sealing dress last night on the display table at young womens. When I got it from the back of her closet, I noticed another dress that I've longed to use for years. It's a dress that my great grandma made for my mother when she was a girl. I got excited thinking that the dress would probably fit the girls now. I knew I would take pictures the day that the dress would fit. But...I then got another idea. he he he I had one more dress in the back of my own closet that I love. I suddenly got giddy at the thought of having us wear all three of my favorite dresses together in a photo.
It took nearly three hours to get the dresses ironed, hair curled, jewelry coordinated, ladder in place, camera charged, make up applied and MY zipper zipped. But we did it. I did have a friend show up on my door step just in time to take the pictures of us together. That was hilarious in itself. Not everyone is greeted by a friend in their wedding dress. LOL
Okay, so I love B's dress because she wore it to be blessed in and sealed in. That was the day that she became part of our eternal family.

I love S's dress because it's made by her great great-grandma that she was named after. That grandma has a special place in my heart. I can't wait to meet her and thank her some day.

I love my wedding dress because I designed it and my mom made it. (Erin, I know you are wondering where in the world this dress was in May? It totally screams you. LOL!) I thought it was THE most beautiful dress in the world. Actually I did for several years. Now I think it's quite gaudy and severely outdated, but I still love it in a sick sort of way.

Okay, so yes I did fit into my wedding dress after 18 years. But I wish I had a video clip of it. It took me half an hour to zip the back. I couldn't lift my arms, and my friend had to keep tucking my neck back in. It was a riot! You should try it some time.
Before I got the dress zipped I had called another friend to come "sew me into" my dress since it wouldn't close at the top. I left her a message saying my rib cage had grown in the last 18 years. I'm sure of it. I had the needle and thread ready to go and everything. She called after all was said and done laughing at the message that I had left her. She suggested that I get some pictures done professionally. I'm going to. I'll need to take her as my assistant to zip, poke, pull, and lift while I dress myself in my dress.
6 comments:
Such an awesome wedding dress!!! Cute dresses!
LOVE IT! The dresses, the stories, and certainly that you can fit into your dress after 18 years! (Whether your rib cage has grown or not!)
Congratulations! fitting in after 18yrs is amazing. The other two dresses are so cute. what a fun post!
What a very fun post! Love it! I love the description of how you got into your dress...and now I want to go dig mine out....
Thanks for sharing! I love your three favorite dresses. I look at my wedding dress in the back of my closet, all protected in a black garbage bag...and for what? Some day I too will dig mine out and call a freind to sew me up inside of it. Just 8 more years and I'll be posting the same post. Thanks for the smile.
That dress speaks to my soul. Expect a phone call in about 10 years when Mitchell and I renew our vows...
Post a Comment