Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

April fools bugs

I found some awesome zip lock bags with flies and cockroaches on them.  I've had them hidden for two months now only pull them out to trick the kids today.  S saw them and had a disgusted look on her face.  Once I let her in on the secret she helped make B a lunch to take to her once we picked her up from Kindergarten.  B screamed when she opened her lunch box and then giggled and giggled when I acted like I didn't know they weren't real.  Then there was little g.......



Many afternoons little g will come in from getting off the bus and ask me if I will make him a peanut butter sandwich.  I thought I'd "surprise" him today and have one ready.  He walked in and I told him that I had made a sandwich for him.  His eyes lit up and he was so excited that I would do that for him.  J handed him the bagged sandwich and little g set it on the counter so that he could put his backpack away.  J pointed the bug out to him and little g let out the scaredest scream you've ever heard.  He wiped his hands back and forth as to wiping a bug off of him.  He then ran over to a bench and sobbed for many minutes.  He couldn't wouldn't talk for awhile.  He refused to eat the sandwich once I let him in on the joke.  It wasn't funny to him.  I seriously felt SO bad!  He's informed me that he doesn't like April 1st.  Or sandwiches.  Poor little guy.

Did you have any tricks up your sleeves, or bug zip locks tucked away for months to use today?

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh that's so funny and sad at the same time. I didn't do anything, but B was all over it! She had a few tricks up her sleeve this year. It was fun. Next year I need to remember. I always forget...