Not long after that, D greeted me with this paper where he said, "I saw this and thought of you. This must have been what you were like when you were in math." I laughed and saw the humor in it. It was so obvious. It really was me.

One by one, D showed the kids how their mom did math by showing them the paper. C said, "That's easy, it's A squared + B squared = C squared."
I was shocked that he knew that and quickly jumped in asking, "How do you know that?" That's when D, C, and A all began laughing their heads off. D went on to explain the formula. I then did the formula outloud. "Oh, so 3 + 4 = 7". That's when I realized I truly am a dumb bunny! They were laughing their heads off at me and I have to admit, so was I. I then turned to D and with a half smile on my face I said, "I can't go back to college!"
I'm giggling right now. Geometry was the beginning of the downfall in my math career. It's not even math if you ask me. But...the great part of it all, is that it doesn't scare me. I'm still going to go back to college, go on to getting my masters and be a certified clinical therapist.
4 comments:
You are not a dumb bunny. You forget a lot of things when you don't do them every day. I'm a math teacher, and since I haven't taught for 4 years, I get scared that I would have to re-teach myself everything if I had to go back to work right now. Whenever I tutor kids, I have to look at the book and remind myself how it's done. Now that is pathetic.
Math is not my favorite either! Why does it have to have to many things to learn about it?! I guess we'll NEVER know!
I love your answer! Some times, simple is the route to go.
Thanks again for the quick visit.
I loved that little comic...too funny, although I do love Math...but that makes it even funnier.
Post a Comment